Monday, November 7, 2011

Basting Oil Recipe!

Basting oil is one of those ingredients we can not live without in our kitchen.We go through it rapidly so we learned how to make it ourselves. Here are a few foods we use the basting oil with:

 Our crostini appetizer.
(recipe will be on a future post)

Roasting Brussel sprouts.
 Just toss with the basting oil add a little kosher salt and roast at 400 degrees in the oven for 35-40 min. I swear they are like eating candy.
Until I had them prepared this way Brussel Sprouts were not even in my vocabulary!!!!

Homemade Pizza dough.
(recipe future post)

 Mushrooms for in my omelets.

Here is what you will need:
Your favorite bottle to mix it in.
1/2 cup olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
2tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. thyme
This is what it will look like after mixing.

After it has been sitting all the ingredients will go to the bottom.
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do.


Jen
Pin It

10 comments:

Heidi said...

I absolutely love brussel sprouts, and cannot wait to try this oil recipe. This is also a great idea for a gift basket for Christmas -- add some bread and cheese..YUM!
Your pictures are great, and love the buildings with the fall colored ivy...makes a person very homesick for the north.

DaisyExpress said...

I will be trying your oil recipe and I too will be using it for gifts. Your site is lovely.

DLJfunk said...

How Long will this basting oil keep? Do you have to refrigerate once you put it together?
It looks great I will try it this weekend with Fish.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Ie, it looks fine but
when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that,
amazing blog!

Review my web blog; Generateur de Code PSN

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, nike shoes, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, true religion jeans, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion jeans, longchamp handbags, gucci outlet, louboutin, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, coach outlet store online, chanel handbags, air max, nike free

Anonymous said...

My daughter loves this oil and I was wondering how long to let the oil sit in the bottle or what is the shelf life of the oil? Please help!!!!

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a basting oil to use with a recipe I have made using mushrooms, pearl onions, and other ingredients, and this recipe is exactly the one I have been looking for.

Anonymous said...

The basting oil recipe is not original. It is from Wegmans.

Unknown said...

click here to find out more navigate to this web-site useful reference check out the post right here helpful hints take a look at the site here

mcshede said...

a6i09u7c34 h4z51s6b97 j4s96a6d03 i7d03v7o46 p6g70e5e87 o1h79k8v88