Sunday, May 27, 2012

Artwork/Photography in our Home!

When we moved into our current lake house almost 6 years ago, our family thought we were crazy. It has the exact same square footage as our previous house (not counting the basement), it is a 3 bedroom instead of 2, has a more open floor plan (lot's of windows), and it is closer to the water. The down side is that we lost our basement which had lots of storage and there are 22 steps leading from our parking area down the the house! Obviously, we had to get rid of tons of stuff. I promised myself that anything we kept would have meaning/purpose to either my husband and I or our family, especially if it went up on our walls. Let me begin with a photo of where our story began........
This was the wedding gift I gave to my hubby.
It is a photo of where we had our first date. In our old house it resided above our bed but now has a new home in our living room. You can see it as you walk through our front door.
 This photo was taken on a trip we made to Switzerland to visit my childhood friend and her husband.
It also resides in our living room.
As you head up the stairs, everyone in our family is represented on the wall.
 When you reach the top you will see
  a photo that we took while on our honeymoon in Ireland.
My hubby has owned this painting since we met. 
It hangs in our upstairs hallway and can be seen from my son's room as he falls asleep each night. It reminds me of a Jackson Pollock painting. I like it best hanging vertical but in our old house we had it horizontal. After all these years I still love it.
When I first met my husband he had a lot of black and white pictures. I decided to do a grouping of them in our bedroom when we moved. The top left picture is a self portrait of one of my husband's patient's, in the middle is our wedding invitation, a friend in town sketched the lighthouse and lastly the Asian symbol (meaning Tao or The Way/Road) at the bottom my husband purchased while visiting Korea. I still want to add two black and white photos from our wedding on either side of the Asian symbol and then I think the wall will be complete.
Of course the children have their art displayed in their playroom for more inspiration.
I would like to add a quote above the clothes line by Picasso that says "Every child is an artist". 
Lastly, this is a display in our upstairs bathroom.
My great, great grandmother made the picture at the very top and it fits right in with our cottage on the lake. It says "Dear house you are so very small, just big enough for love that's all."

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the pictures that have special meaning to us.
Jen

Pin It

4 comments:

carl can said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carl can said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...

moncler, vans, air max, iphone 6 cases, converse shoes, pandora charms, timberland boots, wedding dresses, lancel, moncler, supra shoes, moncler, ray ban, parajumpers, moncler, hollister, gucci, thomas sabo, oakley, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, converse, pandora charms, karen millen, montre homme, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, ralph lauren, links of london, hollister clothing store, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, hollister, baseball bats, canada goose, louboutin, air max, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, canada goose, ugg, moncler, ugg, coach outlet store online, moncler, toms shoes

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, nike shoes, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, true religion jeans, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion jeans, longchamp handbags, gucci outlet, louboutin, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, coach outlet store online, chanel handbags, air max, nike free