Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things!

When I get ready everyday whether it is for work or play I find myself wearing the same favorite pieces because of there versatility and comfort. The dress below is no exception....it has become an absolute favorite as are all the other items I am sharing with you today.
I purchased this at Ann Taylor Loft when they were having one of their 40% sales. Every time I wear it I get compliments. It has orange, pink and yellow in the fabric which allows you to change up your sandals and jewelry for a whole new look. At school I have beeen wearing it with a tan jacket and a brown braided belt.

Sandals
A year ago I purchased these Miss Trish of Capri Sandals from Target. You can still find them and many other styles on e-bay.

This is the run swiftly tech short sleeve. I have it in a blue/purple. It pays to visit the store if you have one near you because sometimes you can find a good deal. When I purchased mine is was a return from the holidays and they gave me $20 off because it still had the To:/From: tag on it. I thought it was funny but the sales associate was a little embarassed.
 (There are similar necklaces all over the Internet)
This necklace represents three people who are very special to me and who have changed my life.

Today it was 54 degrees which is a little chilly after some of the 80-90 degree weather we have had. When it turns cold there is nothing I like better than to end my day with a bath full of lavender salts. These are my absolute favorite! I purchase mine at our local grocery store or our natural market nearby.

Apothecary Jars
I store my bath salts in here to make them look a little prettier.

I was in Bed Bath and Beyond buying a shower gift when my sweet tooth hit me. I only have to eat a handful of these and then I am satisfied. Love the dark chocolate. The boys ate them too!

My favorite sparkling water
I just add a splash of cranberry, blueberry and blackberry no sugar added juice and it makes for a very refreshing drink (Ocean Spray).

Mom's Potato Salad
My mom is the best cook ever. Even my children think so. When we were home for a visit over Memorial Day Weekend she made her famous Potato Salad. I am not ashamed to say that I had it at 9:00pm upon our arrival, with lunch and dinner the next day. It does not disappoint!!! 

Recipe
8 large Idaho baking potatoes
2-3 Packets of Zesty Italian (Good Seasons) mixed and dry
2-3 Stalks Celery
1/2-1 Finely chopped onion (optional)
3/4 Cup Hellmann's Mayo
1tsp. Yellow mustard (to taste)
Boil potatoes, let cool and then peel and cut into small pieces. Chop celery and then mix with potatoes in large bowl. Toss with 1 mixed package of Zesty Good Seasons dressing, 1/4 packet of a dry Zesty Good Seasons packet and refrigerate overnight. The next day mix in 3/4 c. mayo, 1 tsp. yellow mustard and more mixed Good Seasons dressing if potatoes have absorbed most of the liquid. Add onion if desired (it was not included in the photo above).

Spending time with family........priceless.

Jen

Linking to: Tasty Tuesday




Pin It

4 comments:

bj said...

I love all your favorites....especially that potato salad. :))

Jen said...

Thanks bj!

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, nike shoes, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, true religion jeans, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, true religion jeans, longchamp handbags, gucci outlet, louboutin, jordan shoes, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, prada outlet, louis vuitton handbags, louboutin, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, burberry outlet, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, coach outlet store online, chanel handbags, air max, nike free

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, herve leger, lululemon outlet, canada goose jackets, nfl jerseys, canada goose, babyliss pro, mcm handbags, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg australia, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, longchamp, uggs outlet, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose outlet, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, hollister, ugg, bottega veneta, instyler, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, insanity workout, canada goose, marc jacobs, ugg boots, ugg boots, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, chi flat iron, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, rolex watches, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, north face jackets, vans shoes, ugg pas cher, p90x, birkin bag