This is our original Geode.
It is really beautiful on the inside (the picture does not do it justice).
This is the result of our Geode experiment at home.
It really is cool to see the transformation process.
2 cups warm/hot water
3 Eggs (broken make 6)
1. Save egg shells from baking or cooking, clean and let dry.
2. Save an old egg carton to hold the Geodes.
3. Fill glass with 2 cups of warm/hot water.
4. Spoon in epsom salts until no more salts will dissolve (you will start to see epsom salts on the spoon as you bring it out of the warm water after stirring).
5. Pour epsom salt solution into egg shells (we found only filling them 1/4 to 1/2 way worked well)
6. Add several drops of food coloring to each egg.
7. Store in a cool dry place so the liquid will evaporate (we kept them in the refrigerator).
8. It may take anywhere from 3 days to 1week for Geodes to form.
Then watch the magic begin!