Friday, August 17, 2012

Nine Years and Counting......

Today is my Wedding Anniversary! I am excited to spend some quality time with my man at dinner tonight.  Today I thought I would share some of our wedding details with you from nine years ago.
We chose this State Park so we could have the ceremony and reception outside. Our guests could go hiking if they chose, enjoy the waterfalls or just relax. All of our guests traveled from out of town so this was very important to us.
We had all our photographs taken before the wedding so we could spend more time with our guests.
This is a great picture of my hubby and father-in-law. But it does not tell the whole story.....
 My father-in-law forgot his dress shoes for the wedding and had to wear his sandals. For some brides this would have been a problem, but for me, I don't sweat the small stuff.
We even had our dog Gunther at our wedding.
Our alter.
After attending another outdoor wedding where the couple had trouble lighting the unity candle due to the wind we opted to use glass hurricanes around the candles.
My niece was our flower girl and she did great at the rehearsal.
Having kids in a wedding can always be a variable and our wedding was no exception. Thank goodness for my best friend because they ended up walking together down the aisle. She is soooo great with kids.
Then it was time for my dad and I to head down the aisle.
I really tried to take a deep breath, look around and appreciate all of our friends and family that had gathered to share in our big day.
Our ceremony.
We had microphones so our guests could hear the ceremony over the noise of the falls. 
Finally, husband and wife!
You can see my matron of honor and our best man in the background. We chose to keep our wedding party small.
Each place setting had a rock with the guests name on it. Thanks goes to my dad who wrote on each one!
Every table was named after a different tree.
All of the rooms at the hotel in the park are too. 
Our cake. It was very yummy.
The taste testing prior to the big day wasn't so bad either.
We had good friends taking polaroid pictures of our guests before they entered the reception.
After their photo was taken they could write something to my hubby and I underneath. It has become a great keepsake from our wedding.
I heard the food was great......
Does any bride and groom get to eat at their own wedding?
Gunther even got in on the dancing action.
Here is my hubby and a few friends playing Bocci.
An oops!
We made a donation to a charity instead of favors but many guests never knew. I forgot to designate someone to hand these out as guests were leaving. 
All of our guests saying their goodbyes!
It's been a great nine years and I am looking forward to many more!
Happy Anniversary honey.
Love,
Jen

Pin It